Summary: The Credentials Analyst will be responsible for processing domestic Fellowship applications, updating and tracking applicant data in Aptify. The individual will continuously monitor all applicants' information throughout the process to ensure accuracy and completion.
This non-exempt level position will report to the Manager, Domestic & International Credentials in the Division of Member Services.
• Evaluate eligibility of 400+ domestic surgeons applying for Fellowship annually. Follow-up with applicants for missing documentation in a timely manner. Ensure the quality of applicant data entered into the association management system, Aptify, is accurate and complete.
• Communicate with Fellows serving as applicants and manage the tracking and completion of all necessary forms. Follow-up with applicants to secure surgical case lists and to prepare appropriate reports for use by the Committees on Applicants.
• Maintain and update relevant views in Aptify used to track applicant’s status, and to update all email templates in Aptify used to communicate with applicants throughout the process.
• Provide high-quality customer service to applicants through the application process.
• Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the applicant’s experience.
• Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives in a timely manner and follow up with applicants to ensure resolution.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a related role required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Strong attention to detail and working knowledge of customer service principles and practices with the ability to provide excellent customer service required.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Advanced computer skills and database knowledge helpful.
• Experience in Associations, healthcare, and/or education a plus.
• Display high level of energy and able thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and become a successful member of a high functioning team.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all divisional teams and management.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Evening or weekend duties may be required. Minimal travel for activities such as out of town meetings is required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational organization of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to raise the standards of surgical practice and improve the quality of care for surgical patients. The College is dedicated to the ethical and competent practice of surgery. Its achievements have significantly influenced the course of scientific surgery in America and have establish...ed it as an important advocate for all surgical patients. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. For more information, visit www.facs.org.