Administrative, Clerical, Support, Project Management/Program Development
4 Year Degree
WORKING WITH CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, AAAAI
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Executive Director, AAAAI
DIRECT REPORTS : Membership Coordinator, AAAAI
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manage the overall direction of the membership team in relation to recruitment and development activities associated with the AAAAI mission and Strategic Plan. Actively engage in planning and delivery of membership recruitment strategies with an emphasis on membership knowledge management.
Position Responsibilities: (Minimum 37.5 hrs/week)
• Conduct internal and external scanning to continually assess processes, perceived barriers and opportunities related to membership recruitment and retention. • Develop and direct an overall membership recruitment and retention strategy that supports the mission and strategic objectives of the AAAAI. This includes data management, member engagement, conversion plans and measurable metrics. • Oversee management of the AAAAI’s membership services area, including: membership recruitment, retention, and promotion of Fellow and Member benefits. • Manage the membership application, approval and credentialing processes. • Track AAAAI membership trends for use in membership recruitment and retention. • Manage all iMIS-based applications. • Manage the Career Connections Center, with an emphasis on new opportunities for this revenue stream. • Manage AAAAI archival processes. • Oversee AAAAI yearly Board of Directors election process. • Manage activities related to the AAAAI Annual Business Meeting, and manage the Member Resource Center at the Annual Meeting. • Prepare communications and membership-related project proposals and budgets, assist in their approval process, and retain budgetary responsibility for their implementation and completion. • Serve as liaison to various committees as assigned, providing administrative support as needed to achieve objectives.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately 1-2 weeks per year; some evening and weekend work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree with association management experience highly desired. In lieu of bachelor’s degree, equivalent, relevant, multiple years of experience is required. Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to work in team environment. Experience working in a Windows operating environment and familiarity with MS Office.
Unrestricted mobility: must be able to walk great distances, move quickly from place to place, and easily lift and move boxes of approximately 20 pounds.
Additional Salary Information: DOE
Excellent benefits package offered.
EDI is one of the top five association management firms in the U.S., providing professional services for national and international medical, trade and scientific associations. Our 50 years of experience are a key asset to the associations we serve, with client relationships exceeding 30 years.
SUMMARY OF EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- One of the top 5 largest association management companies worldwid...e employing 150 professionals. EDI manages 30 clients with national and international membership bases with events held globally.
- Competitive salaries in the association management industry.
- Flexible, fun, challenging work environment with advanced computer and support systems.
- Team work environment.
- Opportunities for skill development and career advancement.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Updated, contemporary office space.