Senior Director, Technology and Digital Strategy (CTO)
International Society for Technology in Education
January 20, 2018
Washington, DC or Portland, OR
Full Time - Experienced
Information Technology and Web
2 Year Degree
The Senior Director, Technology and Digital Strategy (CTO) is the technology leader for ISTE and spearheads digital development, delivery and management of all technology operations. This individual will provide vision and leadership in the development and implementation of technology platforms and services to help educators advance their practice. This is an excellent opportunity to lead ISTE in its next stage of digital development including cloud platforms and applications, big data and user analytics, full stack development, AI and machine learning, cybersecurity, mobile software development, and user engagement and personalization. In doing so, the successful applicant will position ISTE as a recognized digital innovator and exemplar of performance for non-profit, association and educational organizations. For almost 40 years, ISTE has supported a passionate and growing community of educators transforming schools and universities across the globe. ISTE’s mission, reputation, and innovative leadership makes it an excellent opportunity for a motivated technology leader to set a benchmark for digital associations and make a significant impact on the field of education.
Key Functions for this Role • Proactively advises the CEO and leadership team on the best available technologies to deliver engaging and personalized services, resources and professional development.
• Leads the migration to a data-centric architecture using modern, cloud-based SaaS solutions that are enabled for Dev-Ops and provide infused analytics, AI, agile capabilities, and simple API integration.
• Leads all aspects of digital presence and frontend and backend technologies to support the website, e-commerce, professional learning/credentials platform(s), online communities, mobile applications and social media to deliver an engaging user experience.
• Drives improved productivity with integrated communications and management tools, performance metrics and dashboards, data analytics, and automated processes via cloud-based solutions.
• Ensures a comprehensive enterprise information security program to maintain the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
• Directs all aspects of technology infrastructure planning and maintenance including: network infrastructure, telecommunications, and physical security.
• Hires, develops, evaluates, rewards, and retains a highly-qualified team of technology professionals and supplements with outside contractors as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Experience developing personalized digital engagement for members/customers and communities that fosters committed and sustained connections.
• Experience designing and implementing a data-centric architecture with a 360 degree member view, metadata store and data analytics.
• Understanding of solutions ISTE currently uses like Google Analytics, HubSpot, and Asana and experience selecting or upgrading systems including AMS, Finance/ERP, community platform, CMS and BI.
• Experience successfully leading development with agile methodologies.
• Proven leadership competencies and attributes, and demonstrated success in leading and maintaining high-performing work teams.
• Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT that is aligned with the organizations mission and goals.
• Business acumen and analytical skills (root cause, action plans, solution alternatives and implementation with optimal impact to business).
• Ability to lead and manage change inside and outside ones sphere of influence.
Minimum Qualification Guidelines • Degree and/or equivalent certifications and/or experience in information technology, computer science, web development, and/or application programming.
• At least 7 years of progressing responsibility in digital development.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
• Proven ability to understand customer and user needs and meet them with the appropriate technologies.
Also desirable • At least 5 years' experience in project management of major and multiple projects.
• Experience in a not-for-profit or customer service business.
• Certifications such as MCSE, PMP, AWS CSA, CISM, CSSLP, CAP, ITIL.
This is an immediate opportunity to become a member of a collaborative team working hard to make a difference every day. This position will be located at either one of ISTE's offices: Portland, OR or Washington DC (located in Arlington, VA). ISTE offers comprehensive benefits including generous PTO and paid holidays, group health plans, FSA, 403b, and company-paid life, short- and long-term disability insurances.
Submit your: resume, salary requirement, and letter of interest (all are required) to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this website.
ISTE is wholly focused on supporting and promoting diversity and inclusiveness both internally and in our work with educators, members and stakeholders all over the world. At ISTE events and in our virtual environments, it is our top priority to ensure a safe, healthy, discrimination-free atmosphere that openly accepts all individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or any other group identity.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience, ISTE offers comprehensive benefits.
About International Society for Technology in Education
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE®) is a membership organization serving educators committed to empowering connected learners in a connected world. ISTE serves more than 100,000 education stakeholders throughout the world (www.iste.org).
Innovative offerings include the widely adopted ISTE Standards for learning, teaching and leading in the digital age (www.iste.org/standards) – as well as the ISTE Conference & Expo – the world’s most comprehensive edtech event (www.isteconference.org). The organization’s robust suite of professional learning resources feature online courses, consulting services for schools and districts, books, and peer-reviewed journals and publications.
BACK TO TOP
Like What You See? Share This Content with Others...