NAFA, the National Association for Fixed Annuities
March 6, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
About NAFA: NAFA, the National Association for Fixed Annuities, is a national trade association exclusively dedicated to promoting the understanding of and uses for all forms of fixed annuities. NAFA is the only association whose sole purpose is advocating for fixed annuities and educating federal and state regulators, legislators, members of the media, industry personnel, and distributors about fixed annuities and their benefits as part of a sound financial and/or retirement plan. NAFA was founded in 1998
About the position: The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and strategic objectives. The ED working in concert with the Board, committees and association members will move NAFA forward in the development and implementation of internal and external goals that reflect the organization’s vision, mission and business plan. The ED provides overall leadership strategy, organizational development, implementation, financial oversight and enhances relationships with NAFA members, legislative and regulatory entities, members of the media, industry personnel, and distributors.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Continue NAFA’s growth as a successful national non-profit association, enhancing its impact in promoting the benefits of fixed annuities
• Assure that NAFA has both a short and long-term strategy which achieves its mission, and lead consistent and timely progress on implementation of its strategy
• Educate regulators and legislative representatives through ongoing compliance communications about suitability, disclosure and advertising principles that guide sales practices.
• Promote education regarding fixed annuity value proposition, planning opportunities and innovations through strong marketing and public relations plans, and assure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented with a strong, positive image
• Increase membership to represent the vast majority of fixed annuity industry stakeholders through the development of strong Board, volunteer and membership relations.
• Provide strong leadership in developing programs and organizational plans with the Board of Directors and staff and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board
• Keep the Board of Directors fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it
• Promote active and broad participation by NAFA members in all areas of the organization’s work.
• Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with other trade associations • Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends regarding fixed annuities
• Ensure that official records and documents are maintained and in compliance with Federal,State and local regulations of non-profit organizations
• Work with the Director of Operations and the Finance Committee in preparing a Board approved budget and maintain oversight of its implementation
• Jointly, with the Board of Directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization and execute legal documents
• Strong leadership and team building skills. Proven track record of being a leader, developing/ coaching a team, and getting team results • Proven ability to grow revenues
• Passion for and experience working within the fixed annuity industry
• Ability to recruit, retain, and excite non-profit/ trade members to the organization
• Demonstrated ability to build and communicate a strategic vision and execute a cohesive plan to achieve NAFA’s objectives
• Outstanding communication skills, with ability to engage NAFA members, and advocate policy objectives with all external stakeholders, demonstrating legislative and political savvy
• Background in state and federal regulatory, litigation and policy issues impacting the fixed annuity industry and NAFA’s interests
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of time Desired Qualifications:
• Strong and varied experience in the annuity and life insurance industry.
• Experience running, or involved with, another non-profit
• Knowledge of the requirements and regulations regarding the running of a 501 C (6)
• Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate staff in a virtual office setting
As NAFA operates as a virtual organization, relocation to Washington, D.C. is not required.
All interested parties are encouraged to send their resume to Janet Terpening, NAFA Senior Director of Operations at email@example.com.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: NAFA offers a competitive salary package for the successful candidate.
About NAFA, the National Association for Fixed Annuities
NAFA, the National Association for Fixed Annuities, is a national trade association exclusively dedicated
to promoting the understanding of and uses for all forms of fixed annuities. NAFA is the only association
whose sole purpose is advocating for fixed annuities and educating federal and state regulators,
legislators, members of the media, industry personnel, and distributors about fixed annuities and their
benefits as part of a sound financial and/or retirement plan. NAFA was founded in 1998.
BACK TO TOP
Like What You See? Share This Content with Others...