The Registry Coordinator is responsible for supporting clinical/patient data registries and related projects to support health services and outcomes research and quality projects for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and The Plastic Surgery Foundation (PSF). This position interacts with registry/study physician leadership and ASPS/PSF staff, partners, contractors, registry users and study sites.
- Support project conduct, logistics, and track project status. Responsible for supporting study progress, progress to project schedules, progress to budgets (including site related budgets and incentive payments) and related reporting, preparing investigator packets, and issuing status reports. Quickly identify project conduct and logistical problems and provide solutions to rectify the issues as are appropriate.
- Triage and address questions and data requests through help desk system
- Create and execute regular and ad-hoc queries for lists and reports from Plastic Surgery Registries Network web portal. Support marketing and communications efforts for the PSRN.
- Work with vendors, CROs, and other contractors to develop and test data collection systems and provide study support activities on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that qualified investigators/sites participate in studies. Identify and liaise with potential study sites. This may involve site visits plus regular phone calls.
- Collaborate with external investigators and opinion leaders. Develop and maintain relationships with external physicians and scientists, clinical investigators, contract research organizations, study sites/research institutions to initiate and facilitate projects.
- Support study team resources (epidemiologists, statistics, and data management) and external resources (contract research organizations, consultants) to finalize and implement studies.
- Obtain or assist in obtaining IRB approval for individual study sites.
- Monitor patient accrual and data collection.
- Collaborate with Research and Scientific Affairs team to maintain and enhance existing data reports and technical functionality.
- Maintain policies and procedures (SOPs) related to clinical registries and studies, which guarantee high quality and efficient operations.
- Learn and maintain broad clinical knowledge of plastic surgery, clinical study management and registries
- Support the Senior Staff Vice President, Programs and Policy, Director, Research & Scientific Affairs and leadership as needed basis to review project materials, gather background information, and prepare or supervise the preparation of reports and presentations that the Director, Vice President and Leadership may require.
- Maintain knowledge of ASPS/PSF structure, goals and functions.
- Other duties as assigned.