Communications/Editorial, Marketing, Public Relations
4 Year Degree
Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, the Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the coordination, management and implementation of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers internal and external communication efforts.
In addition, this position will provide communications support to CiviTek, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers. CiviTek provides enterprise, project management and information technology services to the Clerks to meet legislative directives and serve the public in the most efficient manner.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the office through research, preparation, and distribution of various communications promoting the role and services of Florida’s Court Clerks and Comptroller.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s communication strategies and tactics to inform the media, general public, and related stakeholders regarding FCCC, CiviTek, and Clerk of Court and Comptroller offices and related topics and issues.
• Maintain FCCC and CiviTek brand standards and style guidelines across all communication platforms including print, digital, and broadcast.
• Independently compose original, style-specific content for use in press releases, media advisories, statements, talking points, fact sheets, reports, newsletters, and websites.
• Assist in planning events, press conferences, and media interviews.
• Manage and update electronic media coverage databases and media distribution lists.
• Respond to media inquiries and clerk requests providing accurate, concise and consistent information within a designated timeframe while adhering to procedural guidelines.
• Maintain current knowledge of the organization’s functions and activities, legislative priorities and current issues and topics.
• Utilize critical thinking skills on all projects and identify potential opportunities/partnerships to expand the association’s reach.
• Prioritize multiple projects and consistently meet required deadlines.
• Possess and utilize advanced office administration skills including consistent and accurate formatting of commonly used documents (spreadsheets, business letters, memos, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent writing, editing, and strategic message development. (Advanced AP Style knowledge required).
• Friendly, self-motivated, can work in team or independently, dedicated team spirit, multi-tasker
• Superb attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to systems
• Experience with web design and content management systems
• Excellent analytical and project management skills
• Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
The position requires the ability to work with a personal computer and peripheral equipment in a Windows environment. Ability to use e-mail, the Internet, MS Word, and Excel is required.
Proficiency in digital communications and technology (Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud) is required.
We offer competitive salary and a robust, comprehensive benefits package, which includes generous 401(k) contributions and paid leave time. We also offer great working environment. This position is physically housed in our Tallahassee, Florida office. Relocation assistance is not available.
Application Requirements and Deadline For position consideration, candidates must meet all of the education, experience and skill requirements outlined in the job description as well as submit/upload the following documents/information:
· Cover Letter with Salary Requirements · Professional Resume · Three (3) Professional Writing Samples Published/Distributed in the last two(2) years.
Type of acceptable writing samples include: Press Release, Op-Ed, Talking Points, FAQ, Website Content, Newsletter, Brochure, White Paper, Published Article, Campaign Specific Social Media Posts (min. 5)
Candidates must submit all required materials (Cover Letter with Salary Requirements, Professional Resume, Three (3) Professional Writing Samples) in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm Friday March 30th.
1. Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing
2. Five years related experience in Communications or related areas
3. Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud is required.
• Extended hours may occur, including weekends and evenings • This position will require occasional travel within the state of Florida.
Additional Salary Information: DoE
About Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers
The Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers is a statewide, non-profit member association with the mission of improving the ability of the Florida Clerks & Comptrollers to effectively and efficiently serve the citizens of the state through the education of elected officers and staff, legislative action and public awareness of the role and function of the office. Please visit us at www.flclerks.com to learn more about the Court Clerks and Comptrollers.