Title: Data Quality Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Washington, DC
What we do and offer our team
We are home to more than 60,000 scientists from 139 countries. As the Data Quality Coordinator, you will be part of a dynamic forum for Earth and Space scientists to advance research, collaborate across disciplines, and communicate the importance and impact of science to society. AGU offers our employees exciting opportunities through top-ranked scientific journals, scientific meetings and conferences, and other educational and scientific programs, to present and publish research, gain leadership experience, mentor, and freely exchange knowledge.
What the Data Quality Coordinator does
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
The Data Quality Coordinator position is key in assisting AGU to promote discovery in Earth and space science for the benefit of humanity, by being tactical in focus. The Data Quality Coordinator ensures the integrity and completeness of data used by AGU as part of its business intelligence program. Positioned within the AMS and Business Intelligence (BI) team, this position will work within a high-performing, agile team environment committed to the design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and implementation of new capabilities or improvements within AGU BI tools.
This position collaborates closely with a manager, members of a project team, or independently to communicate with, update, and/or seek support from various stakeholders and vendors, provide or coordinate technical assistance during integrations with AGU Data mart, and document processes and tasks to include solutions.
- Conduct data audit within AGU AMS and Data Mart on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Perform data reconciliation to identify data anomalies. Coordinator with AGU colleagues activities to remedy any data deficiencies, including escalation of data issues needing process re-engineering.
- Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications. Assist in preparation of data reports, training materials, business presentations, publications, marketing collaterals, and other educational materials.
- Assist in/support projects around obtaining new data sources, including requirement gathering, documentation of the data source and the use made of the data.
- Document all data processes and assist with ongoing data architecture processes and governance, including AGU data dictionary. Develop documentation and training material and administers training for BI projects. Train staff and business as necessary on data operational activities.
- Actively participates in Data and Association technology community.
- Serve as backup for AMS support.
- Other duties as assigned.
What the Data Quality Coordinator brings to the team
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
- Experience with data quality or data management; SQL database (netFORUM a plus) with ability to create reports and stored procedures required; experience with more advanced T-SQL programming helpful.
- Knowledge of business processes and their interrelationships is desirable, and experience or specialized knowledge of the non-profit field is helpful.
- Experience with a data mart; understanding of data governance and data architecture; and project management desired; technology project management experience highly desired.
- Experience with Tableau or similar data-visualization program
- Professional, well-developed written and verbal communication skills and previous experience writing technical documentation and procedures.
- Accreditation in data management is a plus.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical terms, both verbally and in written format.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
- Flexible and able to work with routinely shifting priorities.
- Ability to patiently deal with customers, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation, problem management, user requirements analysis and process, and diagnostic questioning techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to represent AGU’s organizational culture of honesty and transparency in operations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a data quality position or related environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Who the Data Quality Coordinator works with
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals and outcomes that contribute to the mission, vision, and strategic plan of AGU.
- Ability to volunteer, share information and knowledge, encourage consensus and share credit for joint effort.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions, and feedback.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter with your salary requirements and resume to https://rew12.ultipro.com/AME1056/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=272
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.