The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is recruiting for a communications intern to work part-time in its Washington, D.C., office.
CASE is a global membership organization that works to advance education to transform lives and society. CASE inspires and equips communities of professional practice to act effectively and with integrity to champion the impact and success of their institutions. With 85,000 members in 82 countries, we directly engage with 3,670 universities, colleges, independent and international schools, and non-profit organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., CASE has offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City, and we operate events in Africa from our London office.
CASE works to achieve a seamless ‘One CASE’ experience for all stakeholders: particularly our members, volunteers and staff. Our new strategic plan—focused on the goals of member engagement, talent management, thought leadership and global impact—aims to deliver by making CASE a truly global organization. Collaborating across time zones and borders, all CASE staff in all offices are working to make this ambitious aspiration a reality.
CASE, an EEO employer, seeks a diverse candidate pool for all open positions.
Reporting to the senior director of communications, the communicatoins intern works on a variety of projects/activities as a member of the communications department. This includes researching story ideas; writing and editing articles for e-newsletters; drafting news releases; shooting, editing and producing video and audio packages; and assisting with media relations and speech writing.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- --Researches story ideas and cultivates sources for monthly audio podcast as well as produces and edits podcasts.
- --Shoots, edits and produces video packages for distribution on the CASE website, other.
- --Drafts news releases, introductory remarks, articles for e-newsletters and other writing as assigned.
- --Contributes to the editing and production of monthly e-newsletter and others as assigned.
- --Develops media lists for news releases and manages timely distribution and follow-up as appropriate.
- --Stewards sources by sending thank you notes and copies/links to articles/audio/video.
- --Attends local CASE conferences as needed.
Performs Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned by Supervisor.