The Administration and Operations Associate will be responsible for a wide range of COAA operational and administrative support-related tasks to ensure the seamless operation of the organization. He/she must be well organized, flexible and enjoy operational and administrative opportunities and challenges. Crucial to this role is the ability to interact with volunteers, chapter leaders and staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are very important.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely entry and processing of all registrations for conferences, Workshops, OTI courses, webinars and other events.
- Working with the Executive Director, responsible for the coordination of COAA financial and operational logistics including general bookkeeping and timely financial reports on programs and activities.
- Manage the general entry for accounts receivable and accounts payable using established processes and automated systems with oversight of the Executive Director and Secretary-Treasurer.
- Ensures that COAA revenues and expenses generated operations are recorded correctly and on a timely basis.
- Create invoices as required for education, events, scholarships and other items as requested.
- Working closely with the Executive Director and Association accounting firm, coordinates timely dissemination of financial statements, annual audit and federal and chapter tax returns and reports on programs and activities.
Office Administration & Operations:
- Answer main COAA phone line and distribute inquiries to staff as appropriate.
- Monitor COAA general email inboxes and voicemail. Respond to all inquiries and requests in a professional and timely manner; forward and distribute to staff as appropriate.
- Maintain inventory of office, conference and meeting supplies and reorder as needed.
- Manage and update the email marketing contact list (Constant Contact) in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Maintain COAA event calendar on website; schedule packing/shipping dates for all events to host locations.
- Update COAA chapters’ webpages as requested/needed, ensuring a consistent layout.
- Process Owners, Associates and other stakeholder updates/changes as requested and combine/delete duplicate records found in the COAA database to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain all office files and records as required per the COAA records retention policy.
Conference, Workshops and Owner Training Institute (OTI) and Webinar General Support:
- Responsible for the coordination of all logistics related to COAA webinars including coordination of webinar schedule and materials, speaker biographies, evaluations, GoTo Webinar coordination before, day-of and post-webinar logistics, posting of webinar on COAA website and working collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications Manager to promote the webinar schedule.
- Serve as first point of contact for event inquiries and registrants; distribute information to staff as appropriate.
- Responsible to send confirmation letters, receipts and additional information as requested/required; Provide registration, badge and receipt reports as requested.
- Assist with speaker tracking, post speaker biographies on the COAA website, collect speaker agreements and follow-up with speakers as directed by COAA staff.
- Manage Conference and Workshop on-site materials including printing of badges, event tickets, sponsor recognition, shipping of materials etc.
- Manage Conference(s) on-site registration desk including attendee check-in, distribution of conference materials, on-site registrations, etc.
- Working with the Executive Director, assist in the support of the OTI Advisory Group and Education Committee including Doodle Polls for availability, calendar invitations/cancellations for OTI instructors and committee members, and posting/updating of OTI Courses on the COAA Website.
Membership General Support:
- In collaboration with the Membership Manager, process new memberships, including creating and maintaining all records in the association database.
- Process renewing Owner and Associate memberships including update of contact information, budget expiration date, next invoice date; This includes the same information for Corporate Owner members; Ensure that additional Associate membership types are valid.
- Prepare and send membership packets to prospective members as requested.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director and staff and perform other duties as assigned
- Works collaboratively with other COAA staff members as necessary to assure the success of operations. Performs other responsibilities, duties and tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.