MEETINGS SERVICES SPECIALIST
With its offices in the Chicagoland area and in the nation’s capital, ASA’s goals are far-reaching: We aim to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources for its members. After more than 110 years of existence, ASA still constantly looks to redefine itself. And, we can only do this with the help of skilled, motivated people. We’re looking for highly talented, member-centric people to join our team…and grow with us!
Responsible for the coordination and support of various meeting related services including, but not limited to registration, housing, transportation, travel services, and temporary staffing for the ANESTHESIOLOGY® annual meeting and other ASA meetings. Coordinates special event and tour programs for the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sourcing, negotiating, coordinating, communicating and on-site execution of the following meetings services for the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting: temporary staffing, information services, attendee transportation services, and registration related services such as badge creation, registration bag distribution and evaluations.
- Responsible for the coordination of the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting registration, hotel and travel service program data collection, reporting and related requirements working in close collaboration with the Registration and Housing Manager.
- In collaboration with Registration and Housing Manager, support the continued advancement of ASA's registration tools and services for the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting and various other ASA meetings and events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with ASA’s meeting services-related supplier partners to include registration, housing, travel and temp services. Serve as the liaison between members and other registrants, supplier partners and key stakeholders in the Meetings and Exhibits department and other areas such as Education, Member Services, and Finance.
- Responsible for the coordination of ASA leadership, staff, vendor partners; travel, registration, housing assignments/arrangements, complimentary guestroom allotment and billing arrangements.