The Division Services Account Manager, Technology provides a range of association management services to a cluster of around 15 assigned divisions. Additionally, the Account Manager, Technology will provide expertise and services with a technological focus, such as webinars or other online communications tools.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years’ work experience in a professional association, membership organization or related area
- Experience working with distance learning, websites, community and/or association management systems or software.
- Confident in use of technology of all types, including standard office software (ex: Microsoft Office suite). General interest in technology/emerging technologies, a plus.
- Build excellent contact relations with division leaders, including division Presidents, Membership Chairs and other leaders. Similarly, develop excellent internal working relationships with staff from offices that may work with divisions (Office of General Counsel, Finance, etc.) in order to ensure division’s needs are being met by APA.
- Advise divisions on best practices for association and volunteer management, as well as on operating in accordance with APA Bylaws, Associations Rules and policies that apply to divisions.
- Oversee services provided to divisions that include a technological component. Currently this includes a webinar program with additional support for divisions who offer continuing education credits.
- Advise divisions on appropriate tools, resources and strategy that may help the division solve problems or meet needs. Additionally, internal recommendation of new technologies or services that should be adopted based on division requests or emerging needs. Examples: choosing a virtual meeting platform for division executive committee meetings, web strategy, or potentially building/stimulating community participation among division members using an identified platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.