Multi-association management company based in Okemos, Michigan is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Communications Specialist to manage our client associations communication strategy, branding and marketing by planning, producing and distributing electronic and print communication materials. Must have proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite, phenomenal communication, strong writing skills and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop effective association communication strategies for our client associations.
• Social media facilitation and analytics for our client associations.
• Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website.
• Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
• Produce copy and edit for advertisements, articles and social media.
• Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership.
• Design and layout of e-newsletters, print publications, and ads for multiple client associations.
• Plan and produce electronic and printed materials for our clients’ association events and conventions.
• Update and enhance client web sites for usability.
• Choosing photos, illustrations, colors, typography and layout.
• Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite to execute designs.
• Projects may include design and layout of multi-page registration brochures, prospectus to market seminars, trade shows and conventions; smaller flyers to announce one-day events; e-marketing of events; and design and layout of on-site materials.
• Multiple mobile apps development using a content management system.
• Some limited travel, including overnight stays, may be required.
• Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator), social media platforms, and content management systems.
• Excellent project management skills are required.
• Ability to balance competing projects on tight deadlines.
• Strong customer service and positive attitude.
• Good interpersonal communication skills are required; this position will work closely with a cross-department of employees, other departments, clients and volunteers.
• Basic knowledge of printing and digital processes is required; additional knowledge is helpful.
• Strong proofreading, editing, writing copy and attention to detail a must.
• Experience in web design and content production is a plus.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
• Degree in communication, graphic design, public relations, marketing, journalism or related program is preferable.
• A minimum of three years of experience in communications.
Director of Development and Communications
Additional Salary Information: Paid vacation, holiday leave, health insurance and a retirement plan are included.
About Ngage Management
Ngage Management is a full-service multi-client association management company. We work in partnership with boards of directors to provide high energy leadership, operational and event management. Our clients are primarily small to mid-size state and national associations, non-profits and professional societies. Ngage Management is staffed by a team of experts who provide the personal service your members expect. Best of all, we are passionate about the power of association.